Title: Behavioral Health Consultant-Lead
Reports To: CEO
Work Hours: 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week
Shawnee Christian Healthcare Center (SCHC) is a 501(c)3 Federally Qualified Health Center located in the Shawnee Neighborhood of Louisville, Kentucky. SCHC seeks to transform community health by sharing the love of Christ in word and deed, to facilitate community development and wholistic healthcare through the empowerment of the residents in the community.
The Behavioral Health Consultant will be a member of the patient care team and provide behavioral health consultation to children, adolescents, adults and families in order to improve psychosocial functioning and increase motivation for change affecting health. This position will serve as the lead behavioral health provider, supervise behavioral health interns and be responsible for developing efficient, patient-centered programs and processes to meet the behavioral health needs of SCHC patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive assessment, consultation, and brief intervention, or triage as appropriate, for psychological/psychiatric disorders.
- Provide effective patient centered, goal directed treatment planning.
- Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions.
- Assist in detecting “at risk” patients and develop plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
- Actively participate in multidisciplinary team meetings that support SCHC’s integrated health care model to provide comprehensive care for patients.
- Assist the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease.
- Collaborate and coordinate with SCHC Patient Engagement and Outreach staff to provide enabling services and patient education to address social determinants of health.
- Teach patients, families, and staff care, prevention, and treatment enhancement techniques.
- Monitor the health center’s behavioral health program, identifying problems related to patient services and make recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain accurate files and prepare Monthly Activity
- Other duties as necessary to ensure successful attainment of SCHC goals and objectives.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or PhD or PsyD in Clinical Psychology, Health Psychology or related field required.
- Licensed by the State of Kentucky as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Psychologist.
- LCSW with health and leadership experience or a health psychologist preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with a minimum of a Master’s Degree.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong alignment with SCHC Mission and demonstrates behaviors aligned with SCHC core values.
- Adaptable to new situations and comfortable with a flexible, fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidenced-based treatments appropriate to a medical setting (e.g.: CBT, ACT, MI, etc.)
- Ability to work through brief patient contacts as well as to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of behavioral health conditions.
- Excellent communications skills with patients and other staff.
- Good knowledge of psychopharmacology.
- Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of chronic conditions.
- Demonstrated administrative and leadership ability, initiative and
- The applicant must be self-motivated with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Health Insurance including vision, dental and life
· 401(K) retirement plan with employer matching contributions
· Paid Time Off (sick and holiday)
· Support for Continuing Education to meet / maintain licensure requirements
Working Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Work conducted in an office setting.
- Local travel required to attend meetings or visit other SCHC clinics.
- Out-of-town travel may be necessary for conferences and other learning opportunities.