Greetings Fellow Servant,
Thank you for your interest in the Shawnee Christian Healthcare Center and your desire to partner with us as we seek to minister to the Shawnee neighborhood in the name of Jesus. We have several areas in which you will have an opportunity to serve your neighbor.
· Assist with the internal and external maintenance of the Center to insure cleanliness and order.
· Assist Office Manager in clerical responsibilities including answering telephones and patient registration.
Prayer/Pastoral Care Volunteer
· Spiritual intervention including the ability to pray with patients (with informed consent) and discuss issues of faith as they relate to health concerns. Serve as a member of a pastoral care team and health support staff.
Community/Neighborhood Transformation Volunteer
· Serve in partnership with Neighborhood Transformation Director in the facilitation and coordination of neighborhood-based initiatives designed to empower residents to self-sufficiency in skills and resources and in their understanding of the redemptive power of Jesus Christ.
· Physicians, nurses, and other health professionals who hold a current license will have an opportunity to care for the physicals needs of the patient as well as the spiritual, social and emotional needs by promoting quality and affordable care for those who have limited access to healthcare.
Your first step is to complete the forms listed below. After a background check and brief interview you will be invited to a required initial training session structured to equip you to serve in Jesus’ name. Throughout the course of your service, attendance at additional training sessions may be required as well to continue to strengthen your ministry.
Thank you for answering Jesus’ call to love your neighbor! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 502-778-0001.